Over the last few weeks I’ve been trying to be more active online. I’ve been tweeting, facebooking and more recently looking into LinkedIn groups. (I’d put a link here to my LinkedIn profile, but its in serious need of rework).
I’m not sure if you’ve looked into this yourself, but so far I’ve uncovered 6 groups (I’m sure there are more out there – ping me if you’ve got one not on the list). And they are:
- Identity & Access Management (317 members)
- League of IAM Architects/Consultants (752 members)
- Identity Management Group (124 members)
- Identity Management Specialists Group (3,878 members)
- identitymanagement (779 members)
- SSO Group (106 members)
My membership is still pending for the “Identity & Access Management” and “League of IAM Architects/Consultants” groups, but the others have some robust discussion at varying levels of technical detail.
And of course, there’s always those people who respond to a discussion by trying to flog their services. I tend to roll my eyes when I see one of those responses. However, one day I’ll probably be one of those people.